Monday, January 11, 2010

SnowBay water Park - TMII

On Sunday morning in December 2009, I and my wife took my lovely daughter to visit the SnowBay Water Park. It is located at the inside of Taman Mini Indonesia Indah complex area. It would be the second time my lovely daughter swam in the swimming pool. Luckily we arrived there in the morning so that we still able to find a parking space near the entrance of the SnowBay water park.

There was a credit card promotion at that time, “buy 1 get 1”, and since our daughter is still under 2 years old, she did not get charged for the entrance fee. Speaking about the entrance fee, personally I think that it is quite expensive, but it depends on your visit time, because the price would be different according to it. On weekday, adult is Rp 100,000, child (2 – 5 years old only) is Rp 80,000. While on weekend adult is Rp 120,000, child is Rp 100,000. Plus the deposit fee Rp 25,000 which you could get it back if you are not using the locker, buy foods and drink inside.
But nevertheless, the place is filled with fun. Once you entered the place you would feel like you are in the cold place in the Artic perhaps, since the decoration is filled up with snow and white ornament on top of it. Although it is in the middle of the day you would still have a kind of cold feeling.
When we finished changing with our swimsuit we went straight to the baby/children swimming pool area.





After several unsuccessful attempts of getting my lovely daughter to swim in it, I decided to amuse myself with what they have in store starting from Giant Bucket, Hurricane and Tube coaster. Well, I only went once to the tube coaster and my body was flipping around from right to left during the ride, it was fun though. Afterwards, I took the liberty of swimming at the Typhoon river along with my family. It was a slow current at the river and very relaxing yet my lovely daughter still cried all the way along the ride.
So after spending nearly 3 hours in SnowBay water park and a few sun burn, we decided to head back home because it was already 1 p.m and we need some extra calories after the thrilled-exercise in SnowBay water park. The price is worth-it with the excitement you would find there.





I guess, our next trip would be exploring Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, because the last time I went there was way back in elementary school and I personally think there will be much things to explore in TMII. Well, that would be just another story to tell isn’t it? Hehe..


How to get there: Take the JOOR toll road, exit at TMII and just ask people nearby on where the location of TMII is. It is quite fast and easy to go there.
The entrance fee of TMII is around Rp 10,000 – Rp 30,000; it varies on how many people inside your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment