Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 Year End Blessing

You may call it lucky or anything., but with this announcement has somehow made me a better person and been a year end blessing for me. You know what? It is one of the reason why i created this blog at the first place.. hehe..
Hopefully plenty more with come afterthis..

Talisman Indonesia Writing Competition Winners!!!
Thanks to everyone who entered the writing competition. We have some really creative minds! Congratulations to our winners:

First place - Dodhy Wijayanto - "Sipping Every Moment" - winner of 500.000 Rupiah
Second place - Yurizal Firdaus - "It's Like Having A New Baby" - winner of 300.000 Rupiah
Third place - Rajasa Utama - "untitled" - winner of 200.000 Rupiah

Well, here is the winning article:
P.S. I'm planning to buy a very special homemade combro for my colleagues with this.






Sipping Every Moments




It was 5.45 p.m on Thursday afternoon after I spent half an hour of interview with Pak David and a short meeting with Pak Ron. I walked outside the building through the corridor on my way to the motorcycle parking lot. I looked up once again to the IDX building Tower 1 where my office would be.

The atmosphere and ambience of that specific afternoon felt so right, where the sun was almost set, and the wind blew smoothly and I was totally transfixed to the situation and scenery.
Previously I worked in Southern part of Jakarta, Arkadia office building, and having that moment I kind of felt like a person who is just migrating from a rural village to the very heart of modernization in Jakarta with skyscrapers building, malls, where people are wearing nice suits, moving fast, and seemed very busy at all time or panic knowing the heavy traffic ahead of them.

The very first day I joined Talisman, 1st October 2009, was even better, I got a cubicle that could see straight to Sudirman Street and the golf course. Seeing the sun rises and sets every day is another advantage. People here in Talisman are just fantastic, very supportive and friendly. Everywhere in IDX building, I got to see people wearing suits, shirts and ties, beautiful ladies wearing lovely dress everyday, unlike before where you could wear jeans, khakis, polo shirt, and even sneakers. Therefore I guess my personal WP&B for 2010 would be buying trousers, shirt, ties, and perhaps an executive briefcase but I get a strong feeling that the AFE would not be approved by my regulatory body namely my wife..hehe.

On lunch break, my boss asked me to join him at Pacific Place. The food there is just special just like what we have here in IDX building. Here, I could find all sorts of food from breads, bubur ayam, Japanese food, Thai food, pizza, burger, soto ayam, siomay, Chinese food, and the famous Combro (if we are lucky enough).

Still fascinated by the wonderful sceneries, beautiful ladies and delicious foods that I had on that day, I realized that it was already 4.30 p.m again, when I looked outside my window, smiling and said to myself…This is going to be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment